In this section, you will soon find:
- What is the CODEX DRACONIS?
- Booktrailer of «THE LAST KING».
- Details about the first three books in the CODEX DRACONIS series: «THE LAST KING», «THE GRANDDAUGHTER OF THE DRAGON» and «THE HIDDEN BLOOD», and the advance in the reissue of them.
- News about the progress of the fourth book, «THE MAIDEN IN THE SARCOPHAGUS».
- Link to the main characters of the different novels (Under construction).
- List of the supreme kings of the Great Godan Commonwealth (Under construction).
- Some historical facts of Belssor and the Commonwealth, taken from the Annals of Belssor, that do not appear in published novels (Under construction).
- Other stories from the world of Qaldäe Barei.
THE CODEX DRACONIS
The CODEX DRACONIS (English: Book of the Dragon), is a saga of high fantasy, soon available in English, whose first novel, «THE LAST KING», was originally published in Spanish in 2012, under the Minotauro label of Editorial Planeta. The novel begins with the escape of an ancient sorcerer, whom everyone believed dead several centuries before, and whose freedom endangers the society that human kingdoms have built. Seeking to capture the magician, the supreme king organizes an army and crosses the mountains leaving Belssor, the capital city, in charge of his wife, but also at the mercy of those who see in his exit an opportunity to seize his throne. In the midst of internal intrigues and the latent threat of the sorcerer, the reader will soon learn that the real danger comes from ancient prophecies about the return of the dragons and the myths about a weapon of immortality that they created in past eras.
The publication of the sequel was postponed until 2016, the year that saw the launch of «LA SANGRE ESCONDIDA» («The Hidden Blood»), which continues the adventures of the characters presented in the previous book, adding new ones and offering the reader other views beyond the city of Belssor.
For editorial reasons, the first CODEX book was divided into two volumes, each of which was added four chapters interspersed with the originals, configuring in this way as two independent books: «The Last King» and «The Granddaughter of the Dragon».
Due to these modifications, the texts projected, for now, to form the CODEX DRACONIS, are the following:
- «THE LAST KING»
- «THE GRANDDAUGHTER OF THE DRAGON»
- «THE HIDDEN BLOOD»
- «THE MAIDEN IN THE SARCOPHAGUS»
- «THE PRIEST OF THE DEAD»
- «THE ETERNAL NIGHT»
- «THE TRIAD OF DRAKAR»
These are the ones that form the CYCLE OF THE TRIAD, whose first three books will soon be translated into English. A new CODEX, consisting of seven other volumes, which will relate events from the universe of Qaldäe Barei in later times, collecting apocryphal texts that were preliminarily discarded, could see the light later.
BOOKTRAILER OF «THE LAST KING»
ANNALS OF BELSSOR
These are some passages not related in the books of the CODEX DRACONIS, pertaining to the history of Belssor and the Commonwealth of the Great Godan:
- The crossing of Avinnicius.
- The foundation of Belssor.
- The hunting of the dragons.
- The killing for beauty.
- The Purge (the murder of the bastards).
- The war against the Naradurin.
- The usurpation of Bastir’s throne.
- The fall of Godania.
- The Lion Empire
- The formation of the Commonwealth.